Pro Bono SG takes into consideration ESG factors in our activities, including by keeping our activities environmentally friendly and sustainable, maintaining good relationships with our stakeholders and maintaining high governance standards.
- Taking reference from the Singapore Green Plan 2030, we make green practices such as reduce, reuse, and recycle (3Rs) part of daily operations and use energy efficiently.
- Tenants of the State Courts, an environmentally sustainable building awarded the BCA Green Mark Platinum award in 2018 for its innovative green features
- Flexibility for employees to work-from-home reducing need for commute
- Digitisation of information through electronic file management and digitalisation of access to justice services and processes, reducing use of paper
- Building organisational awareness around topics such as food wastage and the conservation of water and energy
- Mindful practice of 3Rs, through reusing event materials where possible, reducing and reusing plastic, repurposing items for multiple use and more.
- Conscious purchasing by supporting vendors which make positive impact on society or the environment, such as social enterprises
- Taking a person-centric approach and working hand in hand with community partners to provide multidisciplinary support for clients with legal challenges.
- Complementing national legal aid schemes to plug access to justice gaps for the needy and vulnerable.
- Mobilising skills-based volunteerism in the legal profession in collaboration with SG Cares Office.
- Stewarding relationships with key stakeholders
- Regular volunteer and donor engagement and appreciation platforms
- Regular feedback loop with key partners and access to justice providers
- Transparency in disclosure of information to key stakeholders on communication platforms, such as Annual Report, website and social media
- Shared Services partner of the Commissioner of Charities strengthening the charity sector through legal guidance and training on charities and corporate governance.
- Charity Transparency Awards winner 2022 for good disclosure practices.
- Full compliance with the Code of Governance for Charities and Institutions of Public Character and all relevant legislation and regulations.